- Posted: November 26, 2021
- Location: Kent
- Start date:
- Salary: Angel Human Resources
Job title: Space Utilisation Officer
Pay: £17.48 per hour
Placement start: ASAP
Placement end: 6 months
37.5hrs per week
Monday – Friday
08:30 – 16:30
We have a temporary position available for a Space Utilisation Officer to help provide administrative support for Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust.
This position requires travel, so the Postholder must have their own car that they are able to use for work purposes. You will be required to visit sites in various locations within Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership Trust.
- Local roles
- Flexible work
- Work/life balance
- Accredited training with certificates
- Holiday pay- earn as you work
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Up to 40 hours per week
- Many more company benefits
- Immediate start
- To support the Estates Operational Project Manager / Space Utilisation Project Manager in undertaking the work relating to the administration, general management of space and property aspects of the Trust’s portfolio including general support to the team and wider clinical services.
- Working within the Space Utilisation Team, responsible for the management of multiple Trust-wide requests, analysing needs and alignment to the long term.
- Trust-wide property strategizing, while implementing and adopting modern workplace standards to the solutions provided.
- Will take delegated responsibility when required on individual projects from inception to completion.
- Project managing specific projects across sites within the Trust providing support to management, facilitating, and monitoring the progress of each project with the Directorate representatives and working closely with the other corporate departments to facilitate smooth project delivery.
- To resolve minor problems independently and act as the first point of contact for enquiries from end-users in the absence of the other Senior Managers.
- The role requires an experienced professional with highly developed organisational and communication skills and the ability to provide specialist space management advice based on their own interpretation.
- To provide expertise, skills, knowledge, and experience on a range of project management and space utilisation issues including project management, construction schemes and space utilisation issues, to the staff at all levels within the Trust.
Formal Qualifications, Education & Training Required:
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant knowledge and experience.
- Good general education including GCSE ‘O’ level or equivalent in English Language and Mathematics is essential and at least three others to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Good understanding of change management principles.
- Knowledge of Space Utilisation practices, procedures, and principles in buildings.
- Knowledge of procedures and policy knowledge required in matters relating to Property Services in order to work across a range of different areas within the Trust and provide appropriate advice to services.
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership experience in project management and delivery
Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills to multi-task on projects, under tight time frames
- The knowledge, training and experience in project management is required in order to have the credibility to work at all levels in the Trust, across a range of different areas and provide detailed advice to other specialist and non-specialists is essential.
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and presentation skills
Ability to think creatively with positive and enabling attitude
- Report-writing skills
- Car Driver is essential due to the extensive area of the Estate covered. There is an expectation that this post may travel anywhere within the Trust-wide boundary. Full Clean drivers’ licence is required. Must use own vehicle and claim expenses as per Trust Expenses Policy.
- Experience in using occupancy data to provide insight into how organisations are occupying space and where they could be persuaded to change
- Experience working within the NHS or a similar environment
- Knowledge and proficient use of CAD systems, MICAD, OccupEye and Microsoft Office Programs
How to apply directly?
Contact Vladimir on 07704344621 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the role your wish to apply for, your full name & preferred mode of contact.
He will get in touch directly, to discuss your interests, help with application process and talk about your availability.