- Posted: September 03, 2021
- Location: Darlington DL1
- Start date: Working full time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 5pm
- Salary: £22,000 to £27,000 per annum.
A permanent job opportunity has become available for a contract/operations manager. This is due to a substantial increase in workload over the last 18 months. Working for a Darlington-based contractor.
In this role you will be responsible for the for day to day running of numerous contracts within construction projects. You will be experience in preparing for the start of construction related work, to plan projects and ensure that they meet agreed specifications, budgets, and timescales and to oversee work.
Key tasks include:
• Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress, and liaising with surveyors.
• Liaising with the clients e.g., private landlords and homeowners, local authorities, architects, engineers, building contractors, blue-chip companies as well as private clients.
• Coordinating and supervising technicians and subcontractors.
• Ordering and selecting tools and materials.
• Gaining access to buildings and sites.
• Managing the workload of team, ensuring they are working efficiently and to time scales/limits.
• Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up.
• Reporting daily, weekly and monthly productivity levels to Management.
Job requests have increase dramatically in the last 18 months from a potential of 10 to 25 per week and you will be responsible for booking these jobs in. You will need to be a highly organised individual who enjoys working in fast-paced environment.
• People skills
• Attention to detail
• Management skills
HNC, HND, Higher Apprenticeship or Degree in Construction and the Built Environment or other related subjects.
Our client will consider candidates who are keep to progress, experienced and knowledgeable and keen to take the next step and doesn’t have a recognised qualification.