- Posted: April 19, 2022
- Location: Farnham, Surrey GU9 9
- Start date: Working full time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 5pm
- Salary: Salary: £27,000.00-£34,000.00 per year
Working for a manufacturing company. This role will be supporting the technical work for product improvement, development and customer support work.
- Perform technical work according to business needs.
- Ensure that product related activities are progressed and completed in a timely manner.
- Write reports when necessary on technical work.
- Actively engage in health and safety, product improvement and development programmes.
- Assist technical activities as needed.
- Assist in laboratory responsibilities, rota’s and general laboratory maintenance.
- Prepare laboratory powder formulations and coated samples for product evaluation and colour matching.
- Perform product testing using a range of techniques. (Training will be provided): Particle size analysis, Adhesion, Stability/heat/cold testing, Corrosion & mechanical testing, Tensile properties, Spectrometry, DSC analysis.
- Write reports on laboratory work and projects, able to handle multiple projects.
- The ability to understand and interpret results.
- Write SOPs and check that relevant technical and QC documentation is maintained.
- Ensure the analytical equipment is serviced and provide necessary support for analysis of samples/products.
- Ensure compliance and improvements in health and safety.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
Science degree background, preferably chemistry or similar *Essential*.
Good communication and team working skills.
Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Sensitivity: Business Internal
Be able to travel to work or live locally.
Practical knowledge of corrosion, an advantage.
Knowledge of materials testing
Experience of working in a laboratory environment
Experience in a manufacturing environment an advantage.