- Posted: September 24, 2021
- Location: Based in Huthwaite NG17
- Start date: Working 38 hours per week. 9am to 6 pm Monday to Thursday and 7 am to 12:45 Friday.
- Salary: £20,000-£23,000 per annum
Responsible for all aspects of QC within the Laboratory activities. The QC Technician is to ensure that the customer receives products that meet the relevant specification.
Activities include, overseeing the manufacture of paint and paint related products, analysis / testing of incoming raw materials and finished paint products, lab testing and analysis of non-conforming products.
Additional Responsibilities and Duties
To assist Management and Support Functions in:
- Ensure that the Laboratory is clean and tidy at all times. Make sure that the maximum quantity of highly flammable material is not exceeded and that materials are correctly labelled and stored in the appropriate containers.
- Support or coordinate internal audits and corrective action required to assure that all processes in the AH meet the requirements of Quality Management System. These processes include calibration of testing equipment, manufacture, ordering, testing, and shipment to customers. Satisfy requirements of an auditable trail for all documents within Quality Management System.
- To develop and maintain a high level of awareness among all personnel through communications, training, and active personal involvement of employees in QHSE.
- To ensure regular updating of personal qualifications and attend to personal training as required.
- Identify opportunities and implement continuous improvement plans and actions to reduce waste and increase throughput.
- Ensure compliance with the conditions of the Site’s Environmental permit and that staff are also trained on the environmental aspects of the permit.
- Other tasks and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by business needs and as assigned by management.
- Technical diploma in a Chemistry related subject.
- Significant work experience in many of the specific responsibilities can be accepted in lieu of formal education
- Experience with QC testing of coating systems or other related Industries
- Experience within chemical industry is ideal
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Listening and inter-personal skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer skills