- Posted: May 03, 2022
- Location: London Bridge
- Start date: Great opportunity for progression
- Salary: Direct with the employer - Facilities
We are recruiting for an experienced Market/Duty Manager/Caretaker near London Bridge. This role is for someone who enjoys working outside, as you will be overseeing a large market making sure everything runs smoothly.
Description of the role and what is expected
- The purpose of this role is to ensure and be accountable for the smooth running of the Market, without issues, on a daily basis across a seven day trading week.
- This is an on the ground role to both carry out required cleaning and maintenance tasks as well as being the first point of contact for any trader queries / issues, resolving them and only reporting them to the Head of Operations if something needs to be escalated.
- With the other Market Managers, ensure all cleaning tasks are completed in a safe and timely way and that minor repairs are carried out on the Borough Market property and equipment.
- Managing a team of 10 cleaners
- Larger maintenance needs should be identified by this team and reported as soon as possible to the Head of Operations.
- This role shares responsibility for the management of the Market cleaning team, providing clear instructions and ensuring that all tasks are carried out in line with Market’s H&S policies and risk assessments
The Ideal Candidate
- Sound working knowledge of the UK Health and Safety legislation and Food Hygiene Act (training in post as required)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- The ability to line manage and show exceptional leadership skills that build morale and motivate direct and indirect report
- Experience in managing a team of up to 20 staff
Your reward and benefits
- Annual salary up to £33900k
- 40 hours per week – 5 out 7 days
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increases every year
- Private Pension scheme up to 7%
- Private Health Care
- Annual season ticket loan
What to know more, apply today or contact Andrea on 07872468680
Due to the large number of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, thanks