- Posted: May 10, 2022
- Location: Northallerton DL7 9EE
- Start date: Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.30pm with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break (40 hours per week).
- Salary: Salary: £25,000 -to £28,000 per annum
Our client, a thriving family-run business in the Northallerton area, are looking to recruit a highly competent, experienced Accounts Administrator on a full-time permanent basis.
This role would suit candidates with a good depth of experience in accounting or commercial financial work. You must be able to demonstrate that you have the requisite financial experience, are highly numerate and also have good knowledge of Sage 50.
- Sole responsibility for the day to day management of the Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger.
- Credit control, communicating directly with customers and dealing with any disputes calmly and efficiently.
- Nominal ledger coding and inputting of supplier invoices onto Sage 50.
- Preparing and inputting of ad hoc payments and monthly payment runs.
- Sourcing and booking of all overseas travel arrangements for staff and customers.
- Control of hotel booking for overseas visitors.
- Daily banking and reconciling payments to customer accounts, and dealing with any queries, which may arise.
- Setting up and coordinating meetings, normally at short notice.
- Assisting the Finance Controller in implementing correct procedures to comply with GDPR regulations.
- Purchasing of all site supplies for office and warehouse.
Candidates should have excellent attention to detail and be pro-active in taking on tasks using their own initiative where they see that something needs doing and be able to get on and deal with it. You must be prepared to help out with other more mundane tasks if asked and be happy to assist with a variety of duties.
As this is a family-run business, a high level of integrity would be essential as candidates will have access to information which needs to be treated with discretion.
This is a great opportunity for someone who sees themselves being an integral part of a small team making a positive contribution to the smooth and efficient running of a successful business.