By the end of January it’s estimated at least two-thirds of us will have abandoned our new year goals. Eek! Tweet: By the end of January at least two-thirds of us will have abandoned our new year goals @Angel_HR_UK #MyUSPMonday https://goo.gl/EOtS9p
Whether you want a new job or a new body most of us set ourselves up to fail, getting put off by setbacks or overwhelmed by the everyday.
But this January as Donald Trump prepared to take on the world’s top job the outgoing President of the United States, Barack Obama, left us with some words of wisdom which could help with all this:
“Yes we can. Yes we did. Yes we can.”
Have not heard it yet? Please follow the link to the speech: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2017/jan/11/barack-obama-says-goodbye-yes-we-did-yes-we-can-video
Whatever our politics these farewell words sum up resolve perfectly and succinctly. So how can it help you get that job, or that healthy lifestyle, or that whatever?
● YES I CAN: In order to move from ‘here’ – that boring desk job or that too long commute – you need to have a vision. A ‘Yes I can’ mentality if you will. It’s the stuff that makes you create resolutions and believe this year will be better!
● YES I DID IT: Unexpected setbacks, overcoming apathy and dealing with rejection are part of any journey. But it can be hard. Remembering past successes will help motivate, inspire and energise you. After all knowing you’ve succeeded at this (or anything else you’re proud of) before means you can definitely do it again, right?!
● I CAN DO IT: If you’ve had a setback, does your goal need re-setting? Was it too much too soon? Setting yourself up for success means taking one step at time and then reassessing how things look now and moving on. Tweet: Success means taking 1 step at time & then reassessing how things look now and moving on @Angel_HR_UK #MyUSPMonday https://goo.gl/EOtS9p
What Next?: Want extra support to move toward where you want to go in your career? Need guidance on how to best position yourself for that job? Any particular issues or insights? Let us know!
● Share USP Your Monday thoughts with #MyUSPMonday
● Sign up for more inspiration straight to your inbox HERE
● OR want more focused help? To become an Angel candidate sign up HERE